Free Wireless Access
We provide free wireless Internet access at all three of our libraries.
How to Access the Wireless Network
Here's how it works:
- Choose the “nvdpl-guest” wireless connection.
- Open your web browser. You will be redirected to a login page and asked to provide an email address.
- Once you log in, you will have a choice of going to the Library’s website or the North Vancouver District’s website. If you don’t choose, you will be re-directed to your default home page.
Note that if you have configured your device to block pop-up windows you will not be able to access the log off window. Your connection will be logged off automatically if there is no network activity.
The wireless service is provided for free by the District of North Vancouver and North Vancouver District Public Library with help from the Public Library Services Branch (BC Ministry of Education).
The Small Print
The terms and conditions of accessing the wireless network are:
- Wireless access is provided as a public service free of charge on an "as is" basis with no guarantee and no warranty.
- Information passing through the Library's wireless access is not secured and could be monitored, captured, or altered by others.
- It is your sole responsibility to protect your information from all risks associated with using the Internet, including any damage, loss, or theft that may occur as a result of your use of the Library's wireless access.
- Library staff are not able to provide technical assistance and assume no responsibility for laptop configurations, security or changes to data files resulting from connection to the Library's network.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment; users must keep their equipment with them at all times.
- Our Capilano and Parkgate Libraries were not designed with multiple electrical outlets in our public areas. You may not unplug library electrical devices in order to plug in your computer.
- In using this free Internet access, you agree and hereby release, indemnify, and hold harmless, the District of North Vancouver, its officers and employees, and any affiliate, from any damage that may result from use of this wireless access.
- While using this wireless access, you acknowledge that you are subject to, and agree to abide by all laws, and all rules and regulations of North Vancouver District Public Library, the District of North Vancouver, the Province of British Columbia, and the federal government that is applicable to Internet use.